Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Minas Gerais, Cerrado Mineiro, Sul De Minas
Various smallholder farmers
Santos NY2 SSFC – Strictly Soft Fine Cup
Catimor, Catuai, Bourbon, Mundo Novo
950 – 1200 M.A.S.L.
May – September
Caramel, Cashew, Milk Chocolate, honey Molasses
- NY2/3 (New York) – specifies the quality standard to the Green Coffee Association of New York. 2/3 refers to the amount of defects permitted in the lot, a maximum of nine secondary defects and no primary defects.
- SSFC (Strictly Soft Fine Cup) – Strictly Soft beans are grown at relatively low altitudes under 1200 meters or 4,000 ft and mature quickly to produce a lighter – less dense bean.
- Fine Cup – means it is a specialty grade coffee.
- 17/18 – refers to screen size, larger bean size is generally linked to higher quality.
- These beans are one screen size larger than 14/16
Got something to discuss?
What is the best way to roast this coffee to get optimal notes? I’ve been roasting it from city to full city and notice the chocolate notes only
When I roast the Brazil the first 5 min I have the burners very high and all exhaust on the roaster 90% open to eliminate all the moisture. At 6 minutes I adjust exhaust to and 70%. At 9-10 minutes I set the burners in the roaster very low and adjust the exhaust again to about 50%. The roast takes about 13-14 minutes. For me this allows the bean to slowly work into the profile without getting to dark. It also develops a bit more on the inside of the bean where some of the caramel notes come out. Depending on your machine and amount roasting this will vary. This is what I found works best for us!